Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Special Birthday for a Special Lady



My mother-in-law celebrated her 80th birthday last week. My husband, being her eldest child, and his father got together and planned a lovely dinner for immediate family and close friends. It turned out to be a lovely evening and we had cocktails, snacks and shared great conversation with relatives and friends. A house had been converted to an intimate little restaurant with front patio and large principal rooms on both floors. We had the entire upstairs to ourselves. Entreees ranged from osso bucco and sea bass to risotto and a lovely home made pasta. Everyone had a great time. It was a lovely event for a fabulous person. I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law.

The card I made was inspired by the chocolate and pink polka dot gross grain ribbon. The "80" sparkle stickers were added to organza ribbon. I cut the black and white label from nestabilities dies. The Happy Birthday stamp is from PaperTrey Ink. Everyone loved the card and I had great fun making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment