Monday, May 16, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card



Making cards for guys whether they are men or just small boys can be challenging. One way to get your ideas moving in the right direction is to give yourself a challenge...just like the one that Cricut Cardz Challenge is posting this week as their Challenge #75.

We were asked to make a card using something with wheels. I looked through all my cartridges and to my surprise there were several that would work. However, I chose my Just Because cartridge. The main image is a pick up truck but one of the options is the ability to cut a sticker which can be made up of a circle with some of the pick up truck displayed. You can cut a circle backing for the sticker but I chose instead to display the blue truck on an embossed background. The sentiment of Happy Wishes was added to replace the tire.

I think this card successfully answered the Cricut Cardz Challenge. Why not drive over to their website and see what other crafters have come up with. It might give you some ideas for future cards. Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great card. Love the embossing and the colors.

    Vee (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recognize the embossing as Cuttlebug Spots & Dots which suits a tire shape for a wonderful masculine card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete