Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bow Wow Greetings



Here is a general card that can be used for anything. I made this card in response to the Cricut Cardz Challenge this week that asked us to make a card using any cartridge and any theme.

I started out with some medium brown embossed specialty paper from K&Company. I rubbed a sanding block over the surface of the paper which exposed the lighter coloured paper underneath. The dog was cut using my cartridge - Four Legged Friends. Cream embroidery thread is the same colour as the background paper and was strung underneath the words, Bow wow. The card was really fun to make. You can really have fun using various patterned paper and colours for the dog's body. Anyway, here it is - the card for this week's challenge. Come one over and join us at Cricut Cardz Challenge and show us your cards. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! :o)
    Theresa (DT Sister)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is dog gone cute! I'm a new follower. Enjoyed & visited Toronto earlier this yr. You can see some of my Toronto Zoo photos in my April 2011 posts. I like my PTI items rcvd.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://crestedbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Barb,
    I am a new follower, I was visiting a blog and saw you were from TO, and I had to visit...
    I love to find and follow fellow Canadians...I am in southern ON, near Fort Erie...I look forward to visiting your blog often....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOVVEEEE this card! I love it so much I just sang those words!! :)

    ReplyDelete