Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To the Beach We Go



I know what you're thinking...that's it's a little early for beach talk but the themed challenge this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge is to make a card relating the beach.

I knew immediately that I wanted to make a card that showed water. I chose a light blue cardstock that I embossed using a swirl folder which I passed it through my Cuttlebug. I took a blue Momento petal ink cartridge and rubbed it over the swirls to add dimension. I also applied some Martha Stewart ice blue glitter to some of the "waves". The whale was cut using my Create a Critter cartridge out of a darker blue card stock. White gel pen was added to create a bit of dimension. Of course I added a bit of glitter to his water spout. The word "splash" was also cut from the Create a Critter cartridge. Blue organza ribbon completes the card.

I think the card really turned out to be a cute one. We can go to the beach and see our own water creatures but I would recommend that we wait until the weather is a bit warmer. Keep on crafting 'til then!

3 comments:

  1. This turned out adorable Barb! Love the glitter and the gel pen markings... Wonderful job with this weeks challenge! :O)
    Theresa (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card for the CCC challenge! Love how you highlighted the embossed 'waves'. TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbookingdotcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially like the glitter on the waves.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete