Monday, May 3, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me



Have you ever noticed that on the first day of really nice weather, you seem to notice that families take their new babies for walks in their new strollers or carriages? Were all these little ones purposely kept under wraps all winter waiting for their inaugural first journey in their brand new mobility paraphernalia? Don't get me wrong, I love babies. In fact, I'm a grandmother of one very large 17 year old high schooler who plays basketball, football and any other sport that involves playing with balls of various sizes.

One of my son's very good friends from high school and his wife just had their first baby last week so I thought I'd make a card for the occasion to go along with the small wooden toy box that I am giving them. I was inspired to make this card after watching the bird feeder in my back yard. The birds seem to come in pairs and while one feeds, the other one goes hunting around for nesting material. I found some embellishments from Martha Stewart - a collection of sparkling birds. That was my starting point. I cut freehand a tree branch and used my Copic markers to enhance the brown card stock to resemble bark. I then added a bird's nest from K & Company. Inside the card, I downloaded a digital "chick" from Digistamp Boutique, which I cut out and colored with Copic markers before adding glitter. I think the card turned out really well and I'm excited to give it to the new parents. I hope you enjoy it too.

I submitted this card to the All Sorts Week 50 Challenge "Animals".

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, what a cute card.
    Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week
    Hugz fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card love the image and the colouring is great...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete