Monday, May 17, 2010

Flowers Card




I was looking at my acrylic stamps recently and came across a stamp that I have never used. Have you ever done that...purchased something with great intentions of using it but never gotten around to it? Well, this stamp appealed to me because each of the petals has a different pattern. I stamped the flowers onto different colored plain cardstock, cut them out and curled the petal. I took black cardstock and glued pieces of ercu embroidery floss for the flower stems. The three flowers were placed in an overlapping fashion to the top of the floss stems. Strips of designer paper containing similar colors as the flowers were added to the top and bottom of the card. A bumble bee dimensional appears in free-flight and looks like it's coming in for a landing to gather some nector. I added the general sentiment "thinking of you" so this card can be used for a multitude of occasions.

Here is my recipe:
Paper: Momenta, Specialty Collection - Sweet Talk
Stamps: Martha Stewart - Valentine collection,
Ink: Martha Stewart - Walnut, Versamark
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Stampin Stuff
Embellishments: K&Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment