Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Baby


I've been so busy with various projects that I'm afraid I have neglected my blog a bit.

My sister's only son (and my only nephew) and his wife who live in Richmond, Virginia recently had a baby girl. I wanted to make a very special baby gift. We haven't had a baby in our family for over 18 years so we need to embrace this event. I made this birth announcement which I machine embroidered which looks lovelier than the photo. I was extremely pleased with how it turned out and anyone who has seen it, absolutely loves it. When I took the photo I didn't include the details of the frame. Too bad 'cause it would have shown two tones of wood which added to it's charm. The dark wood matches the nursery crib and dresser perfectly.

It doesn't matter what you do whether it is making cards, scrapbooking or embroidery so long as you enjoy yourself. I love what I do no matter what craft I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment