Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Prairie Fairy Digital Stamps



As a member of Splitcoast Stapers and Paper Craft Planet blogs, I saw that Prairie Fairy Digital Stamps is looking for someone to join their Design Team from May 1st to August 31st. Prairie Fairy is a Canadian company that offers digital hand drawn images at very reasonable prices. There are lots of images to choose from but my favourites are the fairies and the flowers. There is something that will appeal to everyone so go over to the website and check it out for yourself at http://www.prairiefairydesigns.com/cart/home.php.

The fairy image that I used was posted as a free sample with which crafters were asked to submit a sample of their work. I made my "Make a Wish!" card shown above and used Copic markers to colour and shade the image and added pink glitter to enhance her wings. I finished up by adding organza ribbon behind the image. I thought that any heavier treatment or embellishments would only detract from her angelic face and calm demeanor. I used a very light hand when colouring the flower and again this was done so as not to take your eye away from the fairy. I chose the sentiment Make a Wish! because that's what fairy's do, don't they...make wishes some true? Hope you enjoy my card.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! I love the colors!

    Thanks for entering the Prairie Fairy DT call!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete