Monday, January 9, 2012

I've Been Busy!





Here it is ... finally! My latest quilt that I have been working on for an embarrassingly long time. I made it for a friend's baby intending it for her first birthday. Now she is one and a half. Oh well, at least she is still young enough to enjoy it!

This quilt is called The Cat's Meow. I chose colourful fabrics because it is not just a quilt for a baby but I wanted it to grow with her. I hope this quilt is something that she will enjoy for many, many years to come. Both sides of the quilt are fun particularly if you like cats as I know all little girls do. The fabric, manufactured by South Seas Imports, is sold in a panel where you cut the framed pictures of various cats. Each cat is cut out and sewn in long panels separated by blocks of other fun fabrics. These panels are assembled with long sashes between them and sewn together. A border of small squares is added to the whole quilt. The back of the quilt is a bright lime green fabric with the cats on it bound by a lovely sea blue border. I added a striped binding and I really thing it adds another bit of fun to the quilt. I finally chose to sew a lovely quilting design made up of daisies that were chained together. I think this adds a bit of whimsy to the overall project. I loved the look of both sides of the quilt.

I enjoyed making this quilt and I know that the little girl who receives it will have loads of fun using it. I'm glad that it's going to a forever loving home!

3 comments:

  1. This is just georgous! My mother quilts too. Love the hobby. This little girl will be blessed by this wonderful gift. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, love the fabric and the cats. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is AMAZING!!! That fabric is too fun, but what you have done with it... OMG! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete