Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Barbeque Time!




I was looking at designer paper at my local craft store and came across one that I liked from K&Company called K-Ology Blue Lace Column Flat Paper. It reminded me of blue denim jeans. Wouldn't it be cute to make an invitation made out of the shape a back pocket from a pair of jeans? It did just that. I added the outline stitching and added red rick-rack. I found a lovely red paper and made a pocket liner. I used some co-ordinating paper and set out the details for the open house barbeque. The barbeque utensils, barbeque and the word barbeque on the outside of the pocket were cut using the From My Kitchen Cricut cartridge. I added a small ribbon "pull" to the top of the invitation and used a brad in antique brass to attach it. I love the way this project turned out. I submitted this project for publication in a craft magazine so we'll see if it's accepted. I sure hope so!

Recipe:
Paper: K&Company - K-Ology Blue Lace Column Flat Paper
Dies: From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge
Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black used to edge
Embellishments: Wm. Wright Company Rick Rack - Red; Gelly Roll Gel Pen - White

I also entered this card in the following challenge:
1. The Pink Elephant Challenge TPE75 - Pocket Card

1 comment: