Friday, July 23, 2010

Cupcake Craft Challenge



Cupcake Craft Challenges are among my favorites because they are so popular. I love peeking at the other entrant's submissions. The talent and ideas of some of these crafters are amazing.

The theme in this week's challenge is Cats and Dogs. I have stamps for dogs, frogs, hedgehogs, butterflies...but no cats. When I come across free digi images on the internet, I save them for future use and I just happened to have saved a cute kitty image which I colored with my Copic markers. I used a 4-sided background stamp (Stampendous) that I got on sale that I inked up with light green ink (Momento "Oh Baby" Dew Drop) and stamped some white cardstock. I cut out a circle big enough to accommodate the kitty image which I glued with pot dots to the inside of the card. To finish it off, I founded the bottom corners, applied a brown satin ribbon, light green gross grain ribbon and the sentiment, Thinking of You.

4 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. What a great card. TFS!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb
    What a super ADORABLE kitten,I love the design of your card and the coloring is just FANTASIC.
    I also want to answer your question about the fun foam, yes I love to use it with larger parts it is very easy and with the adhesive very cost effective I buy my tape in bulk so this also helps alot, I buy the block packages of Foam at HL,Micheals, and Joanne when on sale or with a coupon so that is a saver also. I hope this helps you alittle
    ;)Inspired Huggs Pinke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week...don't forget to link to your actual blog post and not just your blog! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cutie, love it. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake. x

    ReplyDelete