Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sending you hugs & kisses




I've been very busy and haven't had time to craft very many cards in the past few weeks. With celebrating my sister's BIG birthday, travelling out of town to visit my husband's family and spending time with my nephew, his wife and one year old all visiting from Washington DC have kept me out of my craft room.  But I'm back!

This card was made for my niece who is leaving her job in Toronto and moving to Vancouver to go to University for some post graduate work.  She received her undergrad degree in Toronto in international business.  I wanted to wish her well with her new focus so I made this card.

I took inspiration from all the flowers in my garden.  I have a large flower stamp that I haven't used very much and I just love it.  I used Tsukiniko tuxedo black ink and stamped it onto watercolour paper and then used my heat gun to set the ink.  I very lightly coloured the flower using watercolour pencil crayons.  I cut the flower out very carefully and then used a pencil to gently curl the petals.

I have a background stamp with words about love and encouragement and I thought this was very appropriate for my card.  I added a lovely light mint green designer paper with gold stars from K&Company to the top of the card which formed the backdrop to the flower.  I added a cream coloured organza ribbon and a stamped sentiment.  Inside I added a few words of encouragement.  She is a lovely young lady and I wish her great success.

I loved the way this card turned out and I will make this again.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb, I love the way your card turned out too! Its gorgeous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete