Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pink & Brown Color Challenge




To me, nothing is more feminine for a girl's birthday card than pink. By using pink paper and a lovely pink bow, you're half way to making a fabulous card come to life. This card was submitted to the All Sorts Challenge Blog for Week 35 that called a project in pink and brown.

I selected chocolate brown cardstock as the backdrop for this card. I then used my new product from Sizzix, Texture Boutique, to emboss a piece of shell pink cardstock which I then distressed with a piece of sand paper. A smaller piece of the same shell pink cardstock was embossed using Cuttlebug's Texture Folder "Flowers". This embossed bouquet of flowers is the main focal point of the card. I used dimensions on both pieces of cardstock to give some definition to the front of the card. I added faux sticking with a white gel pen. I then took a length of soft pink glittery organza ribbon and threaded it between the layers to add a hit of softness to the front of the card. The stamped sentiment "birthday wishes" greets the reader on the inside of the card.

Although this was an easy card to make, it still has lots of style and sophistication. I gave this card to a friend of mine who loved it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment